The MS1900 is an on-line Oil in Water analyzer designed to provide continuous measurement of VOCs in industrial and trade effluent discharge points. Regulations on the quality of effluents from trade premises and factories are getting stricter and stricter and VOCs are now in the spotlight.
- Monitor water abstraction points such as raw river water, boreholes and reservoir water
- Monitoring for oil in water contamination
- Detect VOC contamination in industrial wastewater
- Monitor drain and stormwater systems for flammable liquids
- Surface water systems for fuel pollution
- Offer a monitoring solution for air, land remediation and industrial applications
- Detect VOC breakthrough in carbon beds
- RO membrane protection
- Measurement of VOCs in process water
Features and Benefits
- No sensor contact with water: low maintenance, no sensor cleaning
- No reagents: low running costs
- Measures both Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) and VOCs
- Electronic Nose: not affected by turbidity
- High sensitivity: ideal for potable water
- Can be calibrated for specific substances: used to monitor known spills
- Catches VOC chemical spills not just hydrocarbons
- Alarms to SCADA and other communication interfaces
For more information on the principle of operation, click on the FAQs tab.
Industrial Effluent: The Problem
Discharge of VOCs into wastewater is an endemic problem in engineering, chemical processing, food and beverage production and other industrial processes.
Spills can lead to illegal discharges, pollution, fines and PR disasters.
For this reason, some industrial facilities have purification plants to remove the bulk of these contaminants from the water before it is discharged, but even these suffer from failures and can be over run.
The cost of not monitoring your effluent
When spills happen large fines can be issued by the Environmental Agency and local, national and social media can turn an accident into a PR disaster with long-term implications.
Additionally it is likely that regulatory bodies will ask for expensive on-line TOC analyzers to be installed, which require a lot of reagents and maintenance at a very high additional cost.
By installing a VOC Industrial Effluent Discharge Monitor at the effluent, you can be notified as soon as the values start to increase and take appropriate action, avoiding all the problems associated with unexpected pollution events.
The VOC Industrial Effluent Discharge Monitor is used to check the industrial effluent from industrial facilities and business premises to ensure that it is complying with environmental regulations.
Its contactless measurement technique means that:
- It does not need reagents
- Requires little or no maintenance between services
- It’s robust and reliable
- It is cost effective
Thanks to this analyzer you can monitor your effluent discharge and make sure that you detect promptly any problem, avoiding expensive fines and PR disasters.The system comprises the analyzer and the sampling system. As the water goes through the sampling tank, VOCs dissolved in the water move into the gas phase.
Multisensor’s sampling system helps the VOCs to get in the gas phase. This gas is then continuously analyzed and the VOCs concentration in the water is determined.
For applications where drains are being monitored the MS1800 can be used to directly sample gases on the drain. This provides a lower cost solution but reduces absolute accuracy.